Friday, January 3, 2014

Faves of 2013

I was going to do the 13 best moments of 2013, but I figured 10 was long enough ;)

1. Mackie leaving on her mission- My little sister proved braver and more spiritually strong than I ever was at 19, and set off to serve a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Tokyo Japan mission. She has been thriving there, training younger missionary sisters and approaching foreign strangers, all while freezing her butt off! I just love getting letters from her.

2. Trip to SE Asia- We started planning and saving for this trip when we first got married, and it was surreal to think after all that planning it was finally go time! It was my first time out of the country and our first big trip as a couple. We saw the most beautiful and interesting places, and only increased our wanderlust.

poor pink husband ;)



3. Ten hours in Tokyo- I consider this its own particular adventure. We had ten hours to explore between layover flights and no real knowledge of what to do or where to go.  We found our way to Shibuya and picked a restaurant at random, which lucky for us the food was delicious and they spoke a little English. We spent the rest of our time walking the busy streets and people watching on the world's busiest crosswalk. How I wish we had more time to really explore!

view from the Starbucks overlooking that humongous intersection

4. Moving to Huntington Beach- We searched all summer and throughout all of Orange County for a new place to live, and ended up in Huntington Beach! We love our new place, and exploring our new city. The best way to start off our Saturdays is a run along the beach followed by giant acai bowls, and our favorite date night is a walk to the nearby restaurants or Yogurtland.




5. Rose- My family received the first grand-baby and my first niece! Oh we just love her to pieces-who couldn't? She's the most adorable baby I've ever seen! {no biases here ;)}


6. New job at Southern California Edison- My new years resolution at the beginning of the 2013 was a promise to myself that I would have a new job by the end of the year. When I was discouraged with the long interview process and the countless resumes sent into space, I told Torrey that the only way I was going to get the job was "by the grace of God." Now I believe that is exactly what happened, and I couldn't be more grateful for such an amazing opportunity.


7. 2nd Anniversary- I can't believe how fast time has gone!



7. Sequoia National Park- I'm so glad we took this camping trip, because it just made Torrey so happy. He loves mountains, pine, chopping wood, hiking trails, all those manly-man things. I love seeing new beautiful places. So this was time well spent.




9. California Thanksgiving- I cooked and baked and petted wiener dogs, and spent time with my family, and have no pictures to prove it.

10. Utah Christmas- We played with nieces, ate lots of pancakes, and spent lots of time with family.
Hedbandz!

I think the real reason we go the Utah is so Torrey can chop wood.
This year has brought us everything we could have asked for and more.
My favorite of us from this year.
 Here's to a new year with a world of possibilities!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pu! You guys sure had a great year! I think you are brave going to Asia! I would feel so lost there, even with the best of planning. May 2014 be even better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...