Friday, August 30, 2013

That non-pregnant announcement I had

It's time to finally announce that I've accepted a new job at Southern California Edison!


Excited is an understatement. I have been searching for over a year for a job where I could use my  Geography degree. But I had the same problem as every other recent college graduate, as every listing either wanted a full time student or 3+ years experience.

Never mind those four years of schooling I just finished.

But many prayers, applications, and rejection emails later, I was blessed with the opportunity to work as a planner for Southern California Edison!

And just so we're clear, I won't be doing this,


nor will I be staring at these:


My job in a nutshell consists of creating work orders and drawing up plans for electrical work in the Southern California area. This might be weird, (though I think it is the result of 6 years as a pharmacy technician) but I have ALWAYS wanted an office job. If you have to dress nice for work and have your own desk, I am seriously jealous of your life.

So you can imagine the jumping-up-and-down-ing that occurred when I got the job offer. I plan on never ever ever having to stand behind a register with a name tag again so long as I live. Ever.

Mr. P and I are thrilled for this new chapter in our life. It will be great start to our future family, and I plan to serve as an example to my potential future daughters that not only should you strive to get your degree, but you can go out and do something with it!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go Pu. It sounds (in your words)...awesome! Looking for jobs is stressful. I must have applied to a hundred schools before I found me job. I'm glad it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...