Monday, March 11, 2013

One night in Bangkok.

Cotton fields over Japan.

Now that I've successfully beaten the worst jetlag ever (seriously, i don't know how travel buffs do it!), its about time I write about our world travels.

The travel plans we set up had us spending literally one night in Bangkok.

This was the view from our apartment. We found out that the building we stayed in was in the Hangover 2. #famous

We took a water taxi up the river to the city center. Since there are so many great temples to see, this was a great way to get a quick view of the ones we couldn't stop for.


Wat Arun - The Temple of Dawn

We went to Wat Pho, the largest and oldest monestary in Bangkok. It has beautiful temples and a gigantic reclining Bhudda!



I just loved the beautiful mosaics in this place. Absolutely gorgeous.


I have this as my kitchen backsplash please?

Tip: be sure to get a massage at the massage institute towards the back. it's a little pricey for Thailand's standards (about $18 USD/hr), but it was the best massage we had throughout our entire trip. 

BIG Bhudda.

Giant Bhudda toes.

We planned our next stop to be the Grand Palace, which is right in front of Wat Pho. Unfortunately we were turned away because Torrey was dressed inappropriately! You see, he was wearing shorts (I was wearing a maxi skirt), and to enter the Grand Palace you must have your legs covered. They do provide covers, but the line was so long we didn't want to wait, so my slutty husband and I grabbed a tuk-tuk to drown our sorrows in some noodles. 

Not even capris are allowed!



This tuk-tuk driver (like most I assume) was insane. Weaving in and out of lanes, inches away from cars, speeding through lights- I was holding on for dear life! 



Victory Monument


We got our noodles at Boat Noodle Alley. It's full of restaurants where chefs do nothing but serve stacks upon stacks of noodle bowls. The idea is to end up with the biggest pile of bowls you can manage.




The rest of the day was spent shopping at Chatuchak Market, one of the world's largest weekend markets,
??
and walking around Lumpini Park,




 where freaking monitor lizards roam free!


A cop laughed at me because Torrey was watching them and I was like 100 ft behind him with a look of terror. I know they bite. No thank you.


and the world's your oyster..

 
I'll never forget our time in Bangkok. 
 Post of Ao Nang coming soon <3


6 comments:

  1. What an adventure! Why did you guys plan this trip? PS "my slutty husband" hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. torreys brother lives in singapore so we went to visit them! oh and i made fun of him for being immodest for like three hours. im terrible haha!

      Delete
  2. looks like you had SO MUCH FUN! i'm jealous. i wanna go next time, k?!?!
    and oh my gosh i laughed so hard when you said "my slutty husband" ahahah oh noelle... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. i nominated you for the Liebster Award! go to my blog and play along if you'd like. :)

      Delete
    2. thank you for the nomination Sam! and be sure Charlie takes you to Thailand it was AMAZING!

      Delete
  3. Just came acrossed your blog and I have to say you two are inspiring very cool thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...