Friday, January 18, 2013

Campusbookrentals.com

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of CampusBookRentals.com. All opinions are 100% my own.

Okay college friends. 

 I know how tight money is in the college years. When I was at CSUF (you know, all the way back in 2012 ;) ), Dollar Musubi Tuesdays and the sales rack at Target were my best friends, while the bookstore was my nemesis.

Every semester I would sign up for a fresh start of new classes, and then get slammed at the bookstore with each teacher requiring the newest version of a $100+ book. I would search for other options, like the off-campus bookstores, or buying them online, but at the end of the semester, there would always be (at least) one book that no one would take back. Whether a new edition came out, I highlighted too much, or water damage, I was stuck. To this day I've got population geography and Chinese culture textbooks wasting away on my shelves. (Can I get an amen?)


I wish I knew about CampusBookRentals.com when I was in school. They are a website dedicated to make textbook renting a smooth process for students. The ability to rent textbooks is a huge money saver (40-90% off of bookstore prices), and you don't end up getting stuck with old books you no longer need.

I am impressed by the neat perks that come with renting from this site. They provide free shipping both ways and allow you to choose how long your rental period will be. If you drop the class, or the professor doesn't require the text anymore, they have a 30-day risk free return policy. You can also extend your rental period if you end up needing it longer than expected.

My favorite parts?

First, they allow you to highlight, underline, and take notes in the margins! Most buybacks will turn you away for a book you treated like your own, but CampusBookRentals.com understands how students need to actively study their textbooks.

Second, with each textbook that is rented, the site makes a donation to Operation Smile, an international children's medical charity dedicated to providing life saving cleft lip surgeries to children in need. Amazing.

Do you already own some books? Then make some extra cash on the side with their new program RentBack. With RentBack, students have the ability to rent their own books to other students. Now you're making money with last semesters textbooks --And you thought they were useless.

So when your next semester rolls around, make sure you check out CampusBookRentals.com. But only if you like saving/making money ;)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously though, I've used them too. It's a really good book rental company. Free shipping both ways! Plus if you ever get late, instead of charging you like crazy, they extend the rental for one week for you! I'm with you on this one - anyone looking to rent should use them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...