Thursday, November 29, 2012

Our Turkey Day.

Hey there! Are your pants a little tighter this week? Then you must have had a good thanksgiving ;)

Just so you know, I didn't plan on taking such a long hiatus from the blog. In fact, I had a lovely little Thankful for post set up for Thanksgiving day. But I went to edit it and it disappeared. boo.
So don't think I left you hanging.

We spent our Thanksgiving this year in Southern Utah with Torrey's family. We road tripped our way up there the day before.

Roadtrip Breakfast

I have always loved our little road trips up and down the 15. Long conversations, lots of music, lots of Redvines, and discovering new places. Like this hidden gem in Vegas.

Crepes and puns. A classic combination.

I helped out my brother-in-law Andrew cook Thanksgiving dinner, and I have to say I love making huge dinners! Thanksgiving dinner especially, because its the one time you can toss pound of butter in the potatoes without question. The lack of calorie counting allows for a creative freedom of sorts. (I might have let a little too much foodie-ness out just now..) What we ended up with was perfect. And I have a few new recipes I can't wait to unveil on my family at Christmas (green bean casserole from scratch say what?)


The majority of our non-eating festivities were spent playing with our little nephews. They are just the cutest little things. And my heart melts to the floor when they ask "un-ko tor-wee" to play.

Watching Toy Story is some serious business.
Rough-housing.

To make good use of our time in Utah, we took a short hike through Zion National Park. I still can't get over how beautiful it is in there. Probably why they made it a national park. #obvious


It turns out that President Uchdorf was in the St. George Temple the same time as us! That's almost like meeting him right?


His "do you really need to take pics of everything?" face.
My first time trying frozen custard. yum.














Lots of eating, lots of sleeping, and lots of family time made for a great Thanksgiving. I hope you had a great Turkey Day too!

now onto the best holiday of all! let the Christmas countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...