Saturday, October 20, 2012

Popovers

Some days are just not blogging days.

The past week has been a rougher one, with our family dog passing away, then I got sick, now Torrey's sick, so to be perfectly honest, I just haven't felt like blogging. Sorry faithful followers. I know you're all waiting with baited breath for my next post, refreshing your blogger feed with high hopes only to be let down (..no?).

But you can rejoice, today felt like a blogging day! And you can celebrate with a batch of positively poofy popovers!


 This is my new favorite recipe. These are the cutest little rolls and so fun to watch grow in the oven.

Not only are they an impressive treat, with their uncontrollable puffed up tops, but they are easier to make than any roll recipe I've ever seen. No yeast = no waiting to rise.


Popovers are very light and airy. I love them on their own, but I recently started stuffing their fluffy insides with fillings like crock pot BBQ chicken. All applications have resulted in successful scrumptiousness.

Popovers

from Food Wishes
makes 8-10 popovers


Ingredients

1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 c. milk
pinch cayenne
2 Tbsp shredded Gruyere cheese, optional

Directions

DO NOT preheat oven. That's right, you heard me.

Generously grease muffin tins with butter and oil.

In a small bowl, mix together flour, salt, eggs, milk and cayenne until combined.

Fill greased muffin tins 1/2 to 3/4 with batter. The higher you fill them, the more they will pop.

Put in a cold oven, set to 450 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and puffy. Serve warm.

7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! And it looks easy enough to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noelle, these are "Yorkshire Puddings" to me and we would have them with roast beef and gravy. Whatever we call them, they are delish. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the compliments and follow Chris! i will stop by your blog as well.

      Delete
  3. These look yummy! i will be pinning this, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Don't feel bad about stepping away from blogging, there are somethings that are just more important. We're happy you're back though, and your popovers look delish!! I found your post through the "Not Your Ordinary Recipes" link party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delicious! So sorry to hear about your dog. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, these look amaze! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...