Sunday, September 2, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Bars

Its still summer right?



You see, I can't really tell anymore since I don't have anything to mark the end of summer, like school. All graduated and all :)

I'm starting to like that. I do miss hanging with friends, napping in the institute building, and eating sweet potato fries from the Titan Student Union.

BUT I don't miss homework. Or coming home from work realizing "Oh yah, I didn't write that 5 page paper for tomorrow, did I?" Or group projects. I definitely don't mind the lack of group projects in my life.

I had to make a summer-y treat before we got into Fall, and these pink beauties were the perfect farewell. They don't taste like lemon bars with strawberry, but strawberry lemonade. My favorite sweet and tart sunny season drink.  Just in bar form.

I was going to save a few for me and mister, then send the rest off with Torrey for his co-workers, but we ended up eating all of them! whoops. It's difficult to share when you've made something so scrumptious :)


Strawberry Lemonade Bars

 Makes 24 bars.

Crust

1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1/4 tsp salt

Filling

1 cup fresh lemon juice

2-3 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup pureed strawberries (about 3/4 cup berries)

1 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350F.

 Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.

Begin by making the crust.

 In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter, until smooth and fluffy. Working at a low speed, gradually beat in flour and salt until mixture is crumbly. Pour into prepared pan and press into an even layer. Bake for about 17 minutes, until set at the edges.


While the crust bakes, prepare the filling. 
In the bowl of a food processor, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, strawberry puree, sugar and eggs and process until smooth. 
Add in flour, baking powder and salt, then pulse until smooth.

Gently pour the filling over the hot crust when it has finished baking. 
Return pan to oven and bake for 23-26 minutes, until the filling is set .

Cool completely before slicing and use a damp knife to ensure clean slices.

Store bars in the refrigerator, especially on a hot day.
 

6 comments:

  1. This looks soooo good. It's goin on my 'MUST TRY' list. Now following you from PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com. Please come visit and maybe follow back??? THANKS. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Flip! These look so good! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for featuring my food! i love your blog!

      Delete
  3. Hi! This looks absolutely delicious! I found you at the Six Sisters' Link party and would love for you to share them at my link party at http://mommyssweetconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/09/sweet-confessions-sunday-link-party-6.html . See you at the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lindsay! I linked up just now!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh YES! I love these already. I am obsessed with ordering strawberry lemonade where ever we go! New follower here! Come and visit me sometime! riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...