Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cinnamon-sugar Doughnut Mini-muffins

I spent half of last week down at my parents house. They drove my little sister Mackenzie to BYU-I, and I agreed to come down to watch littlest sister Jordie.

I snuggled some wiener dogs,

Walked a fat white pig bulldog,

Stole borrowed mom's car, and sunglasses, and nail polish, and life..

Didn't hang out with friends, because they're all still in school. Way to overachieve Noelle. Now you have no friends. 

Took yoga classes in the middle of the day with all of the other housewives,

and napped on the softest leather couch. ever.

I knew that I would be Jordan's personal taxi cab, taking her to school and soccer practice- not expecting to cook very much.

But she kept asking me what I was making for dinner. And if I would make her breakfast in the morning. It made me laugh..people seem to forget how to cook when I'm around...

my husband has lost all ability..to the point where picking up tacos is considered "making dinner"..but I digress.

Saturday I made her these. I wanted to take advantage of the mini muffin tins that my kitchen lacks (hint for Christmas gift family!)


Though their name is a mouthful, these cinnamon-sugar doughnut mini-muffins are a fun and quick breakfast treat. I made them early in the morning, went to yoga, then came back to find half of them gone. So I guess she liked them. haha.
 

Cinnamon-sugar doughnut mini-muffins

adapted from The Apron gal

Ingredients

1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour

Topping
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 24 mini-muffin cups.

Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined. Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full.

Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, around 15 minutes.

While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted margarine in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon. Remove muffins from their cups, lightly dip each muffin in the melted butter, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. (I recommend just rolling the tops of the muffins so they aren't drowning in cinnamon sugar.) 

p.s. Be sure to check out Team Continuum. Help support a wonderful cause. 


Linking to: Tater Tots and Jello, Chef in Training, I Heart Naptime, Positively Splendid, Polkadot Pretties, Lovely Crafty Home, The Dedicated House, Family Ever After, Get Schooled Saturday, Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons, Not Your Ordinary Recipes, Simply Designing, Thirty Handemade Days, Foy UpdateLive Love Laugh, Six Sister Stuff  ,  , The Winthrop Chronicles,  Mommy's Sweet Confessions, Hubby Made Me , One Artsy Mama High hills & grills

23 comments:

  1. Those look so good! And pretty too! Almost too pretty to eat. Almost ;) I'm pinning this for later, definitely want to try it! I would be thrilled if you shared this at my Throwback Thursday party. I hope to see you there and thanks for sharing! :) http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-10/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the pin! ill head over to your link party now

      Delete
    2. Just stopping by again to thank you for sharing at my Throwback Thursday party and to let you know I'm featuring you this week! I'd love to have you again :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, those look SO delicious! My son would love them, and so would hubs. I would love it if you'd share this at my party so my readers can try your recipe too, if you get a minute!
    http://www.oneartsymama.com/2012/09/shine-on-fridays-45-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm these look fabulous! I think we may need to try them! :)

    Visiting from I heart naptime :D

    ~Melissa
    www.mywatermelonmoon.com
    Stop by and see me sometime! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum, yum. They look so good!

    I'm hosting my first linky party - would love for you to join in:

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-warmth.html

    Thanks,
    Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm! These look wonderful. A definite must try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my yum! These sound fantastic - pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya,

    Love the idea.. quick question though, what is all-purpose flour.. in the UK we have plain or self-raising?

    i *think* you can make self-raising by adding baking powder to plain, but is all-purpose similar to plain or self-raising?

    It's brilliant I can't wait ti try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siobhan,

      All-purpose flour would be the same as plain flour; the term all-purpose just means you can use it for all different recipes unless it says otherwise, like self-rising.

      Thank you for stopping by! I really hope you try them!

      Delete
  8. You have been featured on Eat Make Grow! Horray! Come by and grab the Featured Blogger button! http://www.hideousdreadfulstinky.com/2012/09/eat-make-grow-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great! I am about to go make them for my boys as a before school-it's Friday breakfast surprise!

    Amber
    www.crazylittleprojects.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for linking up last weekend @ craft, create and inspire linky party ! Your project is featured this week!

    Hope you will join us this week :)

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heavenly good. Yum, yum, yum! First time here from http://www.notyourordinaryrecipes.com/. Love to follow you!

    My blog: http://anshu-mymomsrecipes.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Anshu took the words right out of my mouth! "Heavenly" Thanks for sharing at Foodtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUMMY! My dad used to make muffins quite similar to these. They were/are my favorite! Delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so yummy! We just found your blog and we are your newest follower. We would love for you to check out our blog!

    http://mybest-friendsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Noelle, these look so good! And your photo is amazing! Way to go girl :) I just want to let ya know that I'm featuring these on Work It Wednesday tomorrow! http://highheelsandgrills.blogspot.com/2012/09/work-it-wednesday-2.html Feel free to come grab a button. You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just made these and they are soooo good. An easy recipe too. Thank you! Pinning it in a sec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the pin Donna. It makes me positively giddy to know you've tried and enjoyed them!

      Delete
  17. I'm so glad that I'm following you! These look absolutely delicious. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...