Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie

Yesterday morning I slept in, checked instagram, then slept in again until 11.
 Then the Mister let me borrow his car to run my errands--which is the sweetest thing he could do.

You see, my car doesn’t have a/c. or a parking spot. So I usually come home sweating buckets, dragging armfuls of lukewarm groceries from down the street.

I was one happy wife prancing from store to store.

then Torrey’s best bud Chris came over.
and I baked them these cookies.
Photo Jul 29, 10 56 48 AM

I was ready to try a new chocolate chip recipe. I sent Torrey with a few of these to work, he came back with raving reviews. So this is a keeper.

They come out soft and chewy, with slightly crisp edges. My favorite part was the addition of sea salt sprinkled on top.  The perfect chocolate chip cookie in my eyes.

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
From The Baker Chick
 Makes about 2 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
12 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
*optional- sea salt for sprinkling 

Directions:
Adjust oven racks to upper and lower-middle positions.  Preheat oven 325°.  Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside.  With electric mixer, or by hand, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined.  Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined.  Add dry ingredients and beat at low-speed just until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Roll a scant half-cup of dough into a ball.  Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull apart into two equal halves.  Rotate halves 90 degrees and, with jagged surfaces facing up, place formed dough onto cookie sheet, leaving ample room between each ball. Sprinkle with sea salt. (optional) 

Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy (approximately 11-14 minutes).  Do not overbake.

Cool cookies on sheets until able to lift without breaking.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Photo Jul 29, 10 57 42 AM

I Heart Nap Time

Lovely Crafty Home>Photobucket
Photobucket
Too Much Time On My Hands

6 comments:

  1. OH my word! Those are the most perfect looking cookies I have ever seen. And SEA SALT? YUM!!!! I have to make these this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beja- they really were amazing. let me know how yours turn out!

      Delete
  2. these look amazing!! chocolate chip cookies are my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW YUMMMM i gotta try these
    I would love it if you would share these on my Linky Party at http://live-love-laugh-interiordesign.blogspot.com.au/
    xx Hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...