Monday, August 20, 2012

One year.

One year ago, I made the biggest decision of my life.


I knelt across an alter from a man that I loved, and made a promise to be his companion for time and all eternity. And him to me.
The peace and happiness that I felt in that moment is something I will never forget.

 Every step we took to combine our lives into one- meeting with our bishop, getting temple recommends, signing the lease for our apartment, left me with a strong feeling that this was something good.

And I knew that morning that the Lord was pleased with our decision.

We were pretty happy with it too.

Every day since we have felt the same. An assurance that we are meant to be married. 

The man that I married is the flip to my flop.When I look left, he looks right. He teaches me to be strong, and I teach him to be gentle.When our powers combine, we are unstoppable (which means our kids will be even more awesome than us).

No, marriage is not perfect. or easy. It takes a lot of work. I can't count the hours we have sat together talking, trying to better understand each others wants and needs. But it is wonderful. And this has been the best year of my life.

  So here's to a happy eternity with my best friend.


6 comments:

  1. Wohooo! Happy Anniversary Norrey :) You looked so gorgeous on your wedding day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks meg. you and taylor made marriage look so good we had to try it ourselves ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Fun wedding pics. I am your newest follower. Just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting Posed Perfection last week and leaving me a sweet comment about the Modern Botanical Bloom Print. I hope you'll visit again and maybe even follow me back. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the follow! following your wonderful blog as well :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I was writing my post for Foodie Pen Pals Friday and thinking of you! Wishing you love and joy for years to come...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Gorgeous temple, we were married 3 years ago in the Orlando Florida Temple. Thanks for stopping by at It Bakes Me Happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...