Friday, August 31, 2012

Foodie Penpals- Reveal Day!

I've joined a lovely little group of Foodie Penpals.

The Lean Green Bean

The gist is every month you are assigned someone to send a box of foodie goods to, and someone else is assigned to you. How cool is that? I love to try new things, so I jumped at the chance and told my penpal Carrie I would love whatever she'd like to throw at me! She is from Minnesota and sent me a box full of regional treats.

The end of the month is the official reveal day of all Foodie Penpals. So happy reveal day!

Here is my loot:
From left to right:
 -Note explaining my treats. She has the best handwriting, no?
-Pop'd Kerns: The in-between of a Corn Nut and popcorn. Why don't we have these in CA?? I'm out already and craving more.
-Cameron's coffee. I failed to mention that I don't drink coffee. My bad. I bet I can find a great recipe to use it in.
-Caribou coffee treats. Carrie mentioned in her letter that is is the Northwestern Starbucks. That caramel barely made it into the picture before I popped it into my mouth. yum
-A box of Minnesota wild rice. Saving it for a rainy day, to make the chicken and wild rice soup recipe on the back.
-Pure maple syrup. 

I loved everything in my box, but the maple syrup was a special treat.
The cutest bottle and great on my multi-grain pancakes (future post on its way). But I am searching for the perfect recipe to highlight its sweetness.

This was so much fun. I loved thinking of treats to send my penpal (A lovely woman from PA, Dana, who is now one of my 19 followers! Thanks Dana :D) and checking the mail everyday waiting for my box to arrive. Who doesn't love getting mail? I've already signed up for next month, I can't wait to meet my new foodie friends.

If you'd like to join, you can get all the details here.

Carrie- Thank you so much for my care package! I truly loved everything you sent me.You were a wonderful and thoughtful penpal.

**Carrie is a blogger herself. Be sure to stop over at Season it Already! to say hello.

Have a happy Friday!

***p.s. Don't forget about Team Continuum! Help support a wonderful cause :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you loved your package! I was nervous, because I was a foodie pen pal virgin. I considered that you *just might* not drink coffee, so I got you the sample pack instead of a big bag from Caribou (and opted for the sweet treats instead for your sweet tooth!) Feel free to pass it along to someone you know who drinks coffee, too. Looking forward to see what else you make with the syrup. Enjoy! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave your blog an award today over on my blog! Check out my post for the details! I love your blog! :)

    http://prettyinplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...