Wednesday, July 11, 2012

No matter how small.

no act green

The other night Torrey took me to dinner at the Umami Burger in Laguna Beach (you can imagine my excitement when I found out there was one so close!). 
Photo Jul 08, 6 05 49 PM

He just got off of military drill for the day, so he was still wearing his uniform.Photo Jul 08, 6 22 19 PMPhoto Jul 08, 6 22 23 PM 

We had our delicious dinner, and when we waited for the check, the waiter told us it was taken care of, as a thank you for his service.
I was so touched. I've never had anything like that happen to me before. 

After we left, Torrey mentioned that he doesn't like to wear his uniform out to dinner very often, because he doesn’t want to take advantage of it. Apparently this has happened to him multiple times.

This little act of kindness just made my day. I’m proud of my husband for the time he has devoted to serving his country, so my heart swells when someone else shows their appreciation to the soldiers for their dedication to their country.

1 comment:

  1. That's sweet. I forgot Torrey was in the military. Is he doing it as a career? I think Sam Burn's husband just got out of the marines. Thanks for serving Torey!! We sure do appreciate you! (PS one time my Mom was in Georgia for physical therapy with Josh. They ate at the same diner each day and no matter how hard she tried, they wouldn't let her pay. They said she was so sweet with Josh. Some people are so generous!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...