Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!

I have never paid to much attention to this holiday. Now that I am married to my wonderful soldier, it has so much more meaning. Torrey works so hard at his regular job, then has his military duties on top, I couldn't be more proud of his strong work ethic. I now see how much military families sacrifice and I am so thankful for their service to our country, and I see how incredibly lucky we are that Torrey's service hasn't had to go further than one weekend a month. It's great that we have a day set aside just to celebrate them!

I found out that tons of places give free meals or discounts to those on active military duty on Veteran's Day!
 BJ's, Denny's, T.G.I. Fridays, tons of places! I texted Torrey all of his options (he chose Olive Garden mmmm..), and during my research I found out the Knott's Berry Farm gives free tickets to veteran's and active duty  including a guest throughout November. JACKPOT :)
I  love Knotts. My parents used to take us there all the time growing up, and I have tons of  memories from it: being terrified of Montezooma's Revenge, Lacey making me sit in the front of the Xcellerator, and riding the Huff n' Puff until I was too old to fit.
We went on Saturday, and got a couple of rides in before the rain kicked in.
It was more fun than it looks


I was glad to see that so many establishments that took the time to recognize those that have served our country. Next year we are totally milking it and going to Knott's every single day ;)

PS. I love love LOVE my new blog header! I wish I knew how to do this stuff myself, but thank goodness for sites like Shabbyblogs that help out the html-impaired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...